My God is my Provider!
Val Peacock, RN BSN **Thanks Val for being our COVID Czar!**
Sonja Huffman and son, Michael
Pastor Song, wife Sarah, and their children, Daniel, Esther and Abby
Tony and Mily Santano
Drivers, Jamal Beckett, Ed Nelson and Clairfoster Browne
Pastor David Manila, Ocean Gate Church, another supplier for our food program along with The Dream Center and Food Finders
ABCOFLASH our American Baptist Region
A new partnership formed with LA County Health & Human Services Department, Sponsor of our 3 Pop-Up COVID Vaccine Center events
It isn’t often I get to witness a full rainbow and this one appeared on Thanksgiving Day of 2019. I felt God’s presence that His Promises are still true not knowing we were going to enter into a season of the COVID pandemic. This view is from my front door on Western Avenue and the rainbow stretched from 45th Street to 46thStreet.
My God will never leave or forsake me.
Hear my cry, O God; Attend unto my prayer…When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
Life can be frustrating:
- My cell was stolen
- I contracted the COVID virus (no one else in my family, nor the core food team) I had a very slight case.
- All three of our buildings needed roof repairs, 2 need full new roofs
- The catalytic converters were stolen from of our 2 church vans and Gwynn’s cars
My God is our provider.
“Thank You, God, for Good People! They’re the ones who willingly and generously help wherever there’s a need…”(From Patricia Mitchell’s November short prayers)
First of all, Thank, you Pastor Joe, for your faithful leading, for believing God for His promises. Thank you supporters, all who give monthly, quarterly, yearly, and those of you who respond to a plea and give whenever your heart leads you; each of you have carried us through a very difficult season.
- Pray for continued protection of our health.
- Consider being a rotating volunteer to help pick up donations.
- Share what we are doing with your friends.
- Help us develop and participate in our summer programs or holiday events for youth in our community. This is a great opportunity for a family service project.
- Help with tending our garden and sprucing up the play area in our park.
- Consider teaching our office volunteers how to use Google docs to improve our communication/technology skills.
- Consider being a monthly financial supporter.
Friends, we know not what the future holds; but we know who is in control. There is still so much to be done in healing relationships, comforting those who are grieving or feeling insecure about life. Please join us.
Lord, bless you and keep you. May He be Gracious to you and give you peace.
Pastor Joe and Gwynn Browne
Pop-up COVID Vaccine Center Flyer
View the full flyer here.